1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker controversy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I assure you newspapers have far bigger problems and have done far dumber things to hurt their circulations than this.....

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Fair enough - maybe the shit is just wearing ME out.
    And 99 percent is good.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

But that's backwards, Hulkster. The idea and the claim was that it was going to help their circulations. It was going to cultivate a new readership. It was going to make them a better product that would, in backing up any commercial claim of being "better," sell more. Never happened.

Another instance of mainstream media deciding in a small room what the audience needs to have shoved down its throat, rather than serving your most dedicated customers.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Update:
    Rob will continue to be on radio and still appear on ESPN. A couple of internet sites will be featuring Rob too. He also has other investments outside of journalism working for him.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Other investments? Unless he has invested in soup kitchens, they're probably doing as well in this economy as Rob's legitimate journalism career.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Actually, he's doing pretty well with the other investments.

7. micke77

micke77 Member

I realize it's far from reality and living in a dream world, but I'd love for just one day only to see individuals who handle their business in a classy manner and the right way get their just due or moment in the spotlight. Realize, too, that controversy sells and our quick-fix society seems to thrive on it, but geez, it sure would be nice for a change.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ponzi schemes do well too; in both cases it's earning money under false pretenses...

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So, Drip, it appears that you are either Rob or his financial adviser. Or does he typically share his personal information so willy nilly?

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

I am not Rob. I am not his financial advisor. He he doesn't willy nilly typically share his personal information with me. We are friends and will remain friends long after this controversy has died down.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No, Drip shares Rob's personal information so willy nilly!

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Actually, I'm not sharing anything that is new to those who know him. He's ok financially speaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.