1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker controversy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, and sportsbruh is our Fred Talbot.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Somewhere Dooley Womack screamed...

3. green2000

green2000 New Member

I've worked with Rob. He is one of the nicest guys I've met, but also one of the worst columnists I've ever encountered ... and there have been plenty of those. How can you respect a guy when you're watching a Pistons game, they scan to Dumars' box, and there's Rob, chowing down on food? Most people know the Dumars-Parker story, but ask yourself when was the last time he was as critical with the Pistons as he is with the Lions? It's never happened. Any word on how Dumars (before the Iverson trade) had done nothing to change the team ... nothing from Rob.

Again, nice guy, no talent. Try reading a column before it gets edited. Yikes!

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

He was to skeerd to write a column. Shitfuck.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We're getting close to locking stages here - I'm going to leave it open in case anyone KNOWS if there's been some sort of resolution. If you do, please tell us. If you don't, let's leave this alone. Thanky.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I, too, would like to know of what resolution there might be. Since no one has seen him work since the incident, it could be that Marinelli outlasted him. Wouldn't that be ironic?

7. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

or he could be on vacation?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

this time of year? unpossible.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

If that's what they're calling it these days, sure.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Like Forrest Gump's dad was on vacation.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Rivals.com poster says Rob Parker has taken a buyout from the Detroit News.

Here's the quote: "Parker is out. Took a buyout from the news per the sports director of WLNS."

WLNS is a news station in Lansing.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And I am currently searching high and low to find written reports from the web and I can't find anything. Maybe someone else can find something because I don't get Lansing stations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.