1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker controversy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Another day and here we go again.
    Moddy, you have admitted you don't know him. You have admitted that you have never seen his work. Don't judge everything by this web site. That would be a huge mistake on your part.
    My dealings with Rob go back a few decades. And when I say he was pretty good, he was just that, pretty good. Not a great talent but an adequate journalist.
    Obviously, he's gotten lazy. That's a mistake on his part. Spnited and Shockey, two people that I do know of professionally, have their opinions. While I disagree with their opinions, I respect what they're saying because they saw his work on a constant basis back then.
    You didn't see his work so I find it odd that you could formulate such a negative opinion about something you don't have any knowledge of.
    I'm not picking an argument and goodness knows one is not needed over Rob Parker. I'm just stating a fact that you brought out earlier.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

If an argument over the moron isn't needed, why can't you let this thread go? Why can't you ignore what people are saying and quit posting?

But wait, that would mean the attention isn't on you anymore.

Just do us all a favor and GTFO.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Drip, go back and read. My last comment had nothing to with Rob. It had everything to do with your assertion that he wouldn't be drawing a paycheck if he was over his head. Lots of people are over their heads - and getting paid.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't know what GTFO means but I don't need attention. The attention comes when you make the post personal like you have.
    For the most part, it's been a good conversation from many different angles about a guy who made a wrong decision. A lot of guys around here can learn from the mistakes this guy has made.

5. KYSportsWriter

That's unpossible.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I see and definitely understand where you were coming from with the post. I did something that I have accused others of doing and that is interpreting what you wrote in a different manner.
    I do apologize. Of course there are many drawing a paycheck in jobs that are over their heads. I thought you were saying that Rob was over his head during his stint at the DN which is why I posted the response.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not true. He can go back and read.

Comprehending it? Now, that's another question.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

*raising hand*

9. KYSportsWriter

That wasn't a personal post, douche.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good point. What did you learn from his mistakes, Drip?

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That Rob Parker is not good enough to work for the Plain-Dealer.

12. KYSportsWriter

Is anybody good enough to work for the P-D?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.