1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Lowe reports Peyton Manning will retire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 18, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rob Lowe has quite a media career going for himself -- in addition to the sex tapes and now this tweet, he also was at the center of the hellfire controversy surrounding the Santa Barbara News-Press. It was the zoning fight between him and his neighbor, and Lowe's resulting complaint to the publisher that the paper printed his address, that led to the mass firings and resignations and the revelation that the publisher was a crazy loon.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Amusing Bob Kravitz tweet:

The scotch may start flowing early tonight. Seriously. I'm chasing a rumor that was started by @roblowe? Not dismissing anything, though.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of the stories notes that Lowe is close with Irsay.

Not that that means anything, but I doubt he made it up.

4. Mizzougrad96

Well, it wouldn't be the first time Kravitz' paper got its ass kicked on a HOF QB retiring.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Rob Lowe is the first account Jim Irsay followed on Twitter when he joined.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

This is actually starting to make some sense because I hear the Colts are about to hire a new coach from within the state.

[​IMG]

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I just tweeted that Katy Perry is reporting that Andrew Luck is hanging it up. That's what I heard at least.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get Ally Sheedy or Andrew McCarthy (who actually is an award-winning travel writer) to confirm it. I'll now try the rest of the "St. Elmo's Fire" cast.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Steve Carrell just posted on his Myspace that he and James Spader will burn down the Scranton office and move to LA together.

10. Mizzougrad96

I have confirmation from Cynthia Gibb, Leif Garrett, and Mary Stuart Masterson!!!

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You know, I'm actually pretty convinced by now that this is true. Lowe follows 61 people on Twitter, mostly other actors, but Irsay is mixed in there with them.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Hey, you can get a good look up Peyton Manning's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take Rob Lowe's word for it?

No, wait, it's gotta be your Colt ...

Draft saved Draft deleted