1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roast of Joan Rivers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

I know Kathy Griffin is a fan of Rivers' (and is pretty funny in person), but is she also a fan of how she looks? Because Griffin's face is on the road to Riversland, and it's not a good thing.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

the end of the world is near

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Aren't they all?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe I've just gotten to the point where it sounds like they're taking old jokes and just attaching different names to them.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

They're long past that point.

Here's the blueprint. Fuck joke and/or lack of fuck joke, random crackback on random panelist joke, vagina and/or penis joke, Lisa Lapanelli is a whore joke, Jeffrey Ross.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Finally watching it...

Giraldo killed... It's a crime he's not a bigger star...

7. Mizzougrad96

Robin Quivers was the first to make a direct Edgar joke? Wow...

8. Mizzougrad96

Best line of the night: "Loved you in Saw."

9. Mizzougrad96

"Loved you in The Wrestler" would have been a lot better if she had gone before Quivers.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Can't remember which roast it was on, but one roaster once said (something close to this) of Giraldo:

"When you hear the sound of opportunity knocking, you should answer it. Then opportunity will realize its mistake and ask for directions to Carlos Mencia's house."

11. Mizzougrad96

I used to love Mencia until that video surfaced that showed him stealing jokes...

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

I thought the Gilbert Gottfriend bit with him having sex with Rivers was hysterical.

Best single line was Garrett; "You've had your face on more red carpet than an Irish lesbian."

Draft saved Draft deleted