1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roast of Joan Rivers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 5, 2009.

1. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

I was pretty disappointed. I thought it was going to be hilarious, but I thought must of it was only so-so. Giraldo was the best, but that's not saying too much.

Betty White on William Shatner was hilarious.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

these may be the saddest words ever written

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yes, I watch all of them. They're always good, regardless of who the "roastee" is.

But if you're saying that watching his roast is me giving my tacit approval of Larry the Cable Guy's comedy, then I apologize.

4. Speaking of Jeffrey Ross, he was on Simmons' podcast last week, some great stories during that show, especially how Tom Cruise refereed a fight he was having with someone named Cousin Sal. Funny stuff.

5. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I was looking forward to this last night. Thought it was very hit or miss, and found myself bored. There is a lack of originality with many of these jokes.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. I saw most of it. Most of the jokes were the same thing -- she's old, plastic, etc.

Some were funny, but it got repetitive real fast.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Re: Betty White roasting Shatner was hysterical.

I thought Brad Garrett was very funny.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Didn't see the show but heard this Brad Garrett line second-hand: "Joan Rivers' face has been lifted more than Bristol Palin's prom dress."

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Love her.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm flipping back and forth between Conan and the roast - Lyle Lovett is singing a song called "Choke My Chicken." The roast is okay, a little predictable.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Gilbert Gottfried was also very funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted