1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roast of Joan Rivers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

That may have been the funniest part of the entire roast.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

No one watching this?

Greg Geraldo was hilarious, Mario Cantone half and half and Tom Arnold currently bombing. So far so good overall though.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The best part of his roast isn't in that clip - when he tells the 9/11 joke, bombs, then goes into the aristocrats to get the crowd back.

4. schiezainc

Just got done with this. Very hit or miss. I wish they had some better candidates to roast. Joan Rivers, really, is too formulaic. If it's not about her age or her plastic surgery, it's about her vagina.

CC needs better people to roast. I'd take a roast of Howard Stern, Eddie Murphy and/or Tom Cruise just off the top of my head.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Somebody actually watched a roast of Larry the Cable Guy?

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm sure Tom Cruise is the perfect candidate for a roast. Guy seems like he has an awesome sense of humor.

7. schiezainc

He was pretty funny in Tropic Thunder.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I don't know...I did like the line from Greg Giraldo (I think), who said, "Most comedians aspire to work in Las Vegas, Nevada; Bob Saget aspires to work in Hannah Montana." He also said, "They should have called the show 'Blackjack' because he started hitting on the Olsen Twins when they were eight and didn't stop until they were 21."

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

best roast ever was Betty White of Williams Shatner. Period.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Have anyone who makes a joke about Scientology or my sexuality killed."

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gilbert Gottfried was a riot...

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Just finished watching it. Wasn't too bad.

Jeffery Ross was great as always. I was pleasantly surprised at how good Brad Garrett and Whitney Cummings (whom all the others kept saying they didn't know who the hell she was) were.

I haven't seen all the roasts, but does it seem like Giraldo is always the opening act. He seems to be to these roasts what Greece is to the Olympics Opening Ceremonies.

Oh, and Joan Rivers' payback wasn't too bad either. Although, through the first minute or so, I thought she may have been "shooting" on all the roasters, but it soon became obvious that wasn't the case.

Draft saved Draft deleted