1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roast of Joan Rivers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 5, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

No kidding. Annoying would be a better description.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I heart Kathy Griffin. She talks like me...not the voice, but the speed and the tangents and the talking with the hands.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

fixed

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Due to this new development. Friendship off.

5. imjustagirl

YOU'VE BEEN AROUND ME! THIS IS NOT NEWS!

(is the engagement still on?)

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I meant more that you heart Ms. Griffin. She's incredibly annoying. You're only slightly annoying, with your cotton candy and all :)

And yes, it is.

7. imjustagirl

Cotton Candy is what god's gift to earth would be if god existed. Who thinks of spinning and heating sugar into a happy fluffy ball of joy? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

P.S. you do realize the main tenet of our future marriage (making fun of other people) is what Kathy Griffin does, right? :D

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yes, but she's not funny when she does it.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

"hugh Hefner is so old his first condom was made out of bark"

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Parents have a much harder time with people attacking their kids than they do with people attacking them. Or the kids have with people attacking them. Even if it is for a roast.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Two goodies that I remember:

Lisa Lampanelli on Pamela Anderson: "She dated Scott Baio and the lead singer from Poison, and was married to the drummer from Motley Crue. Her life story should be a VH-1 special called 'I Fucked the 80s.'"

Jeffrey Ross during the Larry the Cable Guy roast: "Warren Sapp on 'Dancing With the Stars' looked like a leather couch during an earthquake."

And the best line I ever heard about Joan Rivers came from Tony Kornheiser on his radio show several years ago: "Her face is pulled so tight you could play 'Wipeout' on it."

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I loved the Bob Saget roast, if for no other reason than Norm MacDonald's brilliant anti-roast.

Draft saved Draft deleted