1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roanoke Times suing former Va Tech beat writer for access to Twitter account

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 7, 2018.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What I really think this is about is the paper getting pissed off at Bitter for using a Twitter account they see as theirs to promote his new job with a direct competitor on the VT beat to the paper's readers.

2. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Thank you Doc. I didn't know you were a non-hater of Fredrick. Thanks again.

3. Fredrick

Valid point, but cmon. The newspaper can overcome some former employee having a few Twitter followers. Once the word is out, the new VT writer will get lots of Twitter followers. The newspaper suits and boat/vacation homeowners have more important things to worry about, such as copying The Athletic. From all I can tell, the Athletic simply is returning to good coverage with many of its reporters veteran experts. The Athletic isn't trying to be radio and TV along with print. IT IS old school PRINT and the newspapers need to return to print ASAP. The suits don't need to be in courts over Twitter. They need to for once not attack their low paid reporters and instead examine their sales staffs: i.e. a.) who is working in sales for the newspapers and b.) what the hell they are doing from 8 to 4 p.m. each day. Nah that will NEVER EVER HAPPEN. Too late. The suits think the new wave analysts and click-counters have all the answers. LOL. See you in the unemployment line, soon.

4. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

I'm seriously considering changing my handle.

Tweener and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Fredrick, Doc is not a suit. Why would Doc be a hater of Fredrick.

Doc Holliday and Fredrick like this.
  6. Fredrick

It seems 85 percent of the people on here despise Fredrick, but that may just be me being excessively thin skinned.

Tweener likes this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You're slipping. You used a first-person pronoun.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Definitely a non-hater. I like to poke or prod you sometimes, but I enjoy your passion, although a bit extreme it may often be.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

You are excessively thin skinned.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't understand why anyone here would side with management in this case.

12. This is why I've never put my outlet/affiliation in my Twitter handle. My Twitter account is mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted