1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roanoke Times designer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RoanokeTimes, Dec 7, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Again, read the second post of the thread.

You seem to be challenged by this. Try to defeat the challenge.

2. So, basically, you're basing your entire argument on melock's post, right? A post that has NOTHING to do with this job?

We get it. Designers are not the same as copy editors, and shouldn't be advertised as such. This job is not for a copy editor. It is for a designer.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Again, read the second post of the thread.

Cut-and-paste -- the 2007 hot function.

4. Here's the post. I've read it. What does this have to do with the design opening at the Roanoke Times?

I've done nothing to insult you. Keep that in mind. You know, the Golden Rule?

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Sportshack and I were responding to the second post. It just seems awfully obvious to me.

I made a reference to the other post only because it referred to designers moving to the news copydesk.

No one ever said this particular ad was not an ad for designers. In fact, I prefer them to be phrased this way because it's not the usual subterfuge of advertising a design position as a copy editor position.

6. Thank you.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

My cut-and-paste keys say you're welcome.

8. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

Why should any editor in the country care how you "prefer" their ad to be written? Sorry, you ain't that guy.

Back to your regularly scheduled program, Mr. Gilbert. Any word on this opening?

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

ENOUGH!!

Talk about this position or don't post on this thread at all. For fucks sake ... whatever.

10. RoanokeTimes

RoanokeTimes New Member

While this job is largely design, you have to be a competent editor because you will be asked to do some editing, possibly a shift a week. Apparently, some folks in this thread struggle with reading the whole the story.

This is a difficult position to fill. There are either few qualified people, or too many who simply like where they are. If you know someone qualified, pass the word.

Draft saved Draft deleted