1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roadtripping with Rumple: Blog/Tweet-style

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 28, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nah, with Rumple it will be some rap. Maybe some of his own.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You don't use cruise, even on the interstate? Are you a terrorist? :)

On my road trip to Texas, my brother and I listened to just about every genre of music imagineable. Los Lonley Boys to Kenny Chesney to MJ to Buddy Guy to Journey to Disturbed. As those rednecks in NASCAR like to say so often...it was a pretty neat deal. Ugh.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Captain Kirk brings us to our next question.

I created a playlist on my iPod with (the only saving grace of this car is the Aux-in) called "Ride It Out."

I'm listening to Tupac, Rage Against the Machine, Chamillionaire, Incubus and some new indie music I found.

Second question: To which music do you like to drive?

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

No cruise. And I've done more than my share of long ass drives. I'll decide what speed I drive, not leave up to some machine. And I never have found tapping the accelerator to be an especially taxing requirement.

5. Rumpleforeskin

@IJAG: While rap does dominate the playlist, my own did not make the cut. Tupac, Jay-Z, Kanye West and Rakim will hve to do.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You do realize that once you set the cruise, you can also turn it off, right? :)

7. Rumpleforeskin

@SportsJournalists.com: Locking behind a BMW X5 who thinks he's Tony Stewart. Follow me to freedom!

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ah Kia Spectra. This should be wonderful.

9. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Can the Kia actually keep up?

10. Rumpleforeskin

@M.E: You better believe it. Should have seen his face as I bounced around him. Wish I knew the car would jerk violently to the right once I topped 90. The wonders of the Spectra!

11. Rumpleforeskin

@SportsJournalists.com: Now behind a F150 who thinks he's Bode Miller in Houston traffic. See you on the other side.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Cruise control. Where I live it's next to useless since you can never get out of stop and start traffic unil you're 50 miles (at least outside of the city).

Ueless invention as well.

And I've driven 1200 miles solo non-stop from Halifax without using it once.

Draft saved Draft deleted