1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roadtripping with Rumple: Blog/Tweet-style

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Well, I'm headed five hours east for work and thought I'd bring you all along for the journey. Contn your excitement please.

I decided to rent a car, to not put the 800 or so miles on mine.

Requested a Toyota Corolla. They had one, but I didn't get it. How about the Chevy Malibu over there instead? No?

There's your car, sir.

A Kia Spectra. Oh boy.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fuck you. The Spectra's a nice car. I'm looking at the 2010 version, which is now called something completely different.

Where you going?

3. Rumpleforeskin

So I jump on the highway (90%) of my drive and I realize this car doesn't have cruise control. Ye!

This brings us to the first question: If you had to have a car without cup holders, cruise control or power steering, what could you be without?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No cruise? A Spectra? Christ. That's horrible.

5. imjustagirl

cup holders. I drink out of 20-ounce bottles, so I'd just put the lid back on and put it in the passenger seat. I live for cruise control, and power steering is damn near a necessity.

6. imjustagirl

Oh, and I love the fact you're posting from your phone while driving on an interstate in a car with no cruise control.

SUCK IT, 93DEVIL! :D

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My god, you may as well be driving in a Yugo *shiver* No cup holders!! I pray for your soul!

8. Rumpleforeskin

IJAG, I'm sure the 2010 modelis much better than the base-line 2007/08 version.

I'm headed to Louisiana.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. What cars are made WITHOUT power steering these days?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I heard Zag is on the same highway you are. You made out your will, didn't you?

11. Rumpleforeskin

@SportsJournalists.com: Car jerks violently to left once above 85. Wish me luck.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Screw the cruise control, I gotta have the cup holders. Especially for the am coffee. I don't ever use cruise--too confining.

And what's on the musical agenda for the trip? I'm thinking some Clapton might be nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted