1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Road warrior justice needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Aug 2, 2006.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Someone had a bad date recently.  ;D

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Close but no cigar.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Is that what Monica said to Bill?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Funny thing, Doc, is that I contemplated saying something like "close, but unlike Clinton, no cigar."

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I've always figured the aforementioned white pickup was employed thusly:

"Yeah, it's got a pretty big bed. Good for haulin' stuff around. Like, the other day, I was able to carry several building supplies home for the pool I'm building for my wife, because I believe a man should make sure his woman's comfortable. And today, I'm going to surprise my daughter with...I dunno...a fuckin' PONY. Because I love kids, and I can haul it in this big-ass white truck. Anyhoo...how about some dick?"

Or is that just how it works here?

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I just upgraded from a small truck to a large truck. I don't haul anything. I don't drive 40, either.

Why does that make me an idiot ... or Joe Bob Fuckmysister, or whatever his name is?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

AlleyNIAFL,

FYI, if you winshield was really cracked, you may want to check your homeowner's insurance. Some let you replace the windshield and there is no deductible.

I did recently.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Is there ever a deductible for replacing a windshield? I've replaced a few and it cost me nothing out of pocket....

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not that I know of. Just pointing it out.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's just overkill. If there's no need to have a truck, but it burns fuel and all that, then why have one?

You can't blatantly waste and expect everyone to be OK with it.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

TBF, what makes you think you have the right to own a truck without using it for someone else's specifically mandated purposes?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Doesn't Texas have a cheaper license on trucks? Isn't that why their plates read "Texas Truck" at the top?

Draft saved Draft deleted