1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

road trip advice - worth it to see Cubs??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, Sep 24, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's the Cubs, so ... no.

But if you go anyway, Armchair_QB wants you to kick both Kevin Gregg and Aaron Heilman squarely in the balls.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'd second the Corn Palace, and also Wall Drug, in SoDak. They are both touristy, but interesting nonetheless. The South Dakota Badlands aren't as impressive as those in North Dakota, but are interesting nonetheless.

You're not far from Mt. Rushmore on I-90, and the summer tourist season is over. The Hills are nice in the fall. There's an 1880s train in Hill City that makes for a nice diversion.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

It's too bad Iron_chet isn't transporting a bike and it was August. We could send him to Sturgis.

Chet, live blogging would be expected :)

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, if you get the chance, punch Aaron Miles in the face for me.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

At the Hapeville, Ga., exit, just north of the exit for the airport, you can go to the Dwarf House, the original Chick-fil-a. As for hotels, I'd recommend Country Inn and Suites -- my family used them on a Florida road trip, and they were clean and reasonable.

As for the Cubs, if you go don't drive into Wrigleyville. Park downtown and take the red line back and forth from the park. In the south loop (near the Roosevelt and Harrison stops) you can find $15 parking with easy in and out.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yes, seeing the Cubs is worth it. In South Dakota, see the Corn Palace (it's lame, but pretty cool from the outside), Badlands and Rushmore. You can do them all in one day if you hustle.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I got nothing to add on the trip itinerary other than saying Wrigley is a must.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Especially if you like to sit in your seat and never watch the game from anywhere else in the stadium.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Seeing Wrigley is worth it.

Seeing the Cubs isn't, of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted