1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Road to Omaha begins -- NCAA baseball tourney field announced

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TrooperBari, May 26, 2008.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

A late-May tradition unlike any other: Florida State shitting itself.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Apparently, Aaron Crow is damn good. 13-0, top-five pick good. So fear not, fans of Ole Miss. I know nothing of college baseball, but when the host team, Miami, is 40 games over .500, I don't think anyone but Miami will be moving on.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

OK, forgive me, Bucknell.

Bucknell 7, Florida State 0.

Whoa.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Hanging out at the Long Beach regional this weekend. University of San Diego's Brian Matusz did nothing but assure that he'll be a top 5 pick in the draft this next week. Junior lefty struck out 10 in a complete game, three-hit shutout of Cal. He threw 130 pitches. USD plays Fresno State, a 7-3 winner over host Long Beach State on Friday, in a 6 p.m. (Pacific) game. USD and Fresno State have been in the same regional three years in a row now.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

In between grading finals -- a consequence that will keep me from trekking down to Goodwin Field -- I was treated to ESPNU showing the Fullerton region for the second consecutive year.

Fullerton 11, Rider 0. Brian Wilson, who was making his first start of the year, throws a six-hitter and clocks a titanic homer.

So the Titans get UCLA tonight. I've seen this already and it won't end well for the Bruins. Fullerton has it's No. 1 -- Big West Tri-Pitcher of the Year Jeff Kaplan -- going tonight. UCLA just got past Virginia when the first baseman lost the throw from shortstop in the sun, allowing the winning run to score from second.

Rider? A long way to come just to get your ass kicked.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not if Dillsburg, Pa., native Nate Eppley has anything to say about it!

(OK, probably then anyway.)

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Shotty, I don't think even the Codas could help Rider.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Or No. 2 seed (in the A&M regional) Dallas Baptist.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I alrfelt bad enough about South Carolina's season before the conference was exposed as a huge fraud yesterday and today. I knew the SEC was down this year, but damn. Asskickings being handed out to pretty much everybody.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I will now go sit in the penalty box for two minutes and feel shame.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Missouri absolutely forgets how to swing the bat in the top of the ninth. So, so many pitches right down the middle and Mizzou guys are just watching them go by.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is getting embarassing. Of the nine, only LSU is taking care of business in a big way. Alabama is doing well, though, and might be a sleeper. They've played well the last half of the season and are putting up a ton of runs. They might give North Carolina some problems next week, assuming both of them finish it out of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted