1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riverside Press-Enterprise new position

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Dave_Ammenheuser, Sep 13, 2006.

1. The Press-Enterprise is growing again. We're adding a full-time member to help maintain our high school sports Web product, HSI.PE.com.
    Two weeks ago we launched the site. It covers more than 100 schools with statistics, schedules, video and more (Check it out at HSI.PE.com -- no www). We also publish its print sister product, a 12-page tabloid on Thursdays. Plus, we have our daily content in The PE. On Fridays, we cover as many as 40 prep football games with staff and freelancers. Anyhow, the site has been so successful that we're adding a full-time staff member to help maintain it. You'll join our seven-member high school team.
    The Press-Enterprise is Inland Southern California's largest daily newspaper with a daily circulation of 190,000. Besides preps, we have traveling beat writers with the Angels, Dodgers, UCLA, USC, UCR and Lakers. We also have beat coverage of the Galaxy, Chivas USA and Padres.
    APSE named us one of the Top 10 sections for 100-250K newspapers in the most recent judging. We plan to build on that honor.
    Interested in joining us? Send me a PM here or e-mail your resume to dammenheuser@PE.com. Or send your resume to us quickly. We won't wait long to fill this.

2. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

If you do half as well with this one as you did with my boy for the last one, you'll be fine.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The new high school stuff looks good and filled a big void in the Inland Empire.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Dave, asking this on the thread, since I'm sure others are wondering the same thing -- What's the balance between writing and producing/updating the Web site, if there is any?

5. 25 percent writing; 75 percent maintaining, producing

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Dave, just thought I'd add to this thread that I checked out your HSI.PE.com site and it looks really good.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Thanks, Dave.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

What type of experience are you looking for, Dave? Entry-level or above?

Draft saved Draft deleted