1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rivals.com: This is why it's tough to take you guys seriously

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by scribebaseball, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Read this loaded lede from their poll story:

Despite not playing a game, and watching as USC won by a lesser margin at home to team that Michigan defeated on the road earlier in the year, the Wolverines slip to No. 3 in the AP, a shift of some 45 points from last week. The Maize and Blue is still at No. in the Coaches Poll.

http://michigan.rivals.com/

This is getting so silly. Every football game is its own entity. It's not like USC needed a last-seond Hail Mary to beat Notre Dame, like all the maize-and-blue backers seem to believe. They were firmly in control of the game from start to finish.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

10 bucks says Junkie wrote this. Also, what are the "maize and blue" in the coaches poll? Shouldn't they have filled that in before posting the story?

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's bad. But it's not like you don't see stuff like that in some local papers too. Just like newspapers, some Rivals sites are blatant homers and others are good.

4. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

exactly. some know how to write. others clearly do not.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I didn't think anybody took Rivals seriously to begin with

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Was listening to the radio the other day ... and I thought I heard something to the effect of, "listen on rivals.com radio on Sirius." WTF? Really?

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nope. Just an asshole, so by my count you owe me $120. Too bad that other thread got deleted, cause I was an asshole there to and I was hoping to read your response.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Get a room you two.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Only if you are there.

With my $120.

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Yep. I've listened to it. It's, I believe, a daily program on one of their sports channels. Somewhat interesting.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

What idiot wrote that.
    That's almost as bad as saying Notre Dame beat Navy 38-14, Rutgers shut out Navy, 34-0, so why isn't Rutgers ranked ahead of Notre Dame?

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Color me flabbergasted.

No one takes these no-talent barnacles seriously because they poach a lot of information from newspapers and sell it as their own.

Draft saved Draft deleted