1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Zeus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Sep 23, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The movie was "No Holds Barred" and it should properly be described as craptastic! Yeah, I think he's more of an actor than a wrestler. He also played Deebo in "Friday" and the president in "The Fifth Element."

2. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

did she take it?

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

She did, and handed it to me when we walked away. She thought it was funny. He wrote it down and handed it to her without telling her what it was at first.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Curiosity piqued, I had to look up Tiny Lister and see where he is now. Interesting. According to imdb, he "was the 1982 Division II Shot Put Champion while attending Cal State University Los Angeles" and is now working as a youth fitness instructor (2003)".

And now... you know... therestofthestory.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You should have crank-called him. Then give the number out to your friends, and have all of them keep calling him.

The interesting Zeus story I remember was from Feinstein's book on the '04 Ravens. The night before their opener, Brown's mother, who had been very sick, passed away. Brown chose to play in the game anyways for her, and Billick made him one of the team captains along with kicker Matt Stover.

Brown goes out for the coin flip, and just starts trash-talking the Browns, to the point where the refs had to physically break them up. Stover comes back to Billick and tells him "Don't ever send him out there with me again!"

Later, one of the Browns players apologized after finding out Zeus' mom had died.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He only wrestled the two matches with Hogan (the individual one, and the tag cage one with Savage and Beefcake thrown in. God, I hated the buildup for that). Then, he made a few independent dates, and if I remember right, Hogan brought him back in briefly in WCW.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not to keep a threadjack going on an RIP thread, but Lister was also in the first season of 1st and Ten. Sports Illustrated should include that show in their next Where are they now issue. I know a few are dead, a few have had legal issues and a few have gone on to pretty decent careers.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At the risk of further extending the threadjack, the football players alone from that show were interesting -- Herschel Walker, Marcus Allen, Brian Bosworth, John Matuszak and Lawrence Taylor. Most of those were more than just guest spots. They were regular roles. Frank Tarkenton was the team's play-by-play announcer.

Between main characters and bit parts, the rest of the cast was pretty interesting, too. O.J. Simpson was a main character on that show. So was Shannon Tweed. Delta Burke was the owner when it started. Chris Meloni of Law and Order: SVU and Oz was on there. Also a very young Tobey Maguire had a small role in one episode.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Ah, good ol' Frank Tarkenton.

10. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Frank is Fran Tarkenton's sister.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Wiener, not a Frank:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Johnny Dangerously