1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Youtube Hitler rants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20100421/US.Hitler.YouTube.Meme/

I'm sure this is a d_b, but I can't find the other thread. The company that owns the film wanted them pulled.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So far, the one I know about remains...

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hope someone finds the time to post one last spoof ridiculing the decision. Hell, I actually saw that movie BECAUSE of the videos. And who do the producers think they're protecting? Hitler? Tebow? LeBron? The Oregon Ducks attempt to get a basketball coach?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So know YouTube Hitler rant about YouTube pulling Hitler rants? Damn, I'd have watched that one.

Edit: Dan kinda beat me to it.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

YouTube is getting so censorious, I hardly visit anymore

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm torn between being outraged and being kinda relieved that the played-out joke will be put to some sort of rest. It was great while it lasted :)

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Played out joke is right. They were played out two or three years ago.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Actually, the newer ones that use other scenes, or weave in scenes from other movies or videos, are pretty funny.

"Hitler vs. Khan v. II" ("prepare to be owned, dumbass!") and "Hitler Phones The Talking Cat" are classics.

"Hitler Phones Hitler" (there are several variations) is pretty good too.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Exactly. From a business perspective, it seems absurdly stupid for them to be making an issue of this. Those clips were providing endless free publicity for their movie that otherwise would've been forgotten long ago. I'm sure quite a few people have seen it as a result.

That said, I agree the joke is terribly played out. It won't be missed.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Hitler rant would have been great in The Client.

And now Hitler has destroyed: a) the little brush moustache, b) the name Adolph, c) Hitler YouTube parodies.

11. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

http://vimeo.com/11086952

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Good, they weren't funny after the first 2 remakes.

Draft saved Draft deleted