1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Yordano Ventura

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

From the way the body was positioned on the ground, it would seem possible robbers could have taken off his seatbelt and just dropped him purposely to get at contents in the vehicle.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Just about everyone who knew him said he was a German Shepherd puppy off the field who was convinced he needed to act like a junkyard pit bull on the mound.

Unless I'm not remembering correctly, I think just about every incident he had came in a period of about a month when he was 23, trying to live up to a new contract and being opening day starter and also shortly after Oscar Taveras died.

The fanboi in me thinks he deserved the criticism for plunking guys and talking shit, but it shouldn't be what defines him.

Liut, Donny in his element and Chef2 like this.
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I did see where they decided they weren't going to release the toxicology results to the public.
    That doesn't surprise me, because if even it comes to pass that he was under the influence, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Glass cut the family a check.

Draft saved Draft deleted