1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Yordano Ventura

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's a damn, damn shame. Ventura had obscene talent; not HOF talent, but, you know, 8 more years at least kind of talent. And there's some evidence he would have done some good with the money he made, too.

He was a hothead, but I think it really was that - a hothead. And given the world and life he came from, I understand it.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What do you mean? His immaturity is almost always mentioned. He was a head hunter and acted like an idiot starting a brawl with Adam Eaton. He was also all of 25.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess hondo feels like everyone wished death on Ventura back then.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

To me, a non Royals fan, he was an asshole -- and now he's dead. I was more moved by the death of Miguel Ferrer, who had a great, underappreciated turn in "Traffic," an otherwise overrated movie.

5. Dick Whitman

As a Bears fan, I was disappointed that the Falcons let Aaron Rodgers leave the field in anything other than a hearse yesterday.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

As a Steelers fan, I want everyone north of Fairfield County, Connecticut to die today. Let God separate 'em.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

In baseball circles, he also became a guy who, half the time, was really, really easy to hit because of his Nuke LaLoosh reliance on heat.

Ventura had a bad - very bad - start to 2015 from an attitude standpoint, from Opening Day until Hosmer finally told the team to get its shit together after the last brawl.

George Karl would have had a field day assessing Ventura's upbringing.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

She had wine and tapas in a the same restaurant as him, but they didn't eat together.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I know 12 year olds who have more maturity than that 25 year old.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If the report that robbers took his valuables and beat him while he was still alive, that place can go fuck itself.

Chef2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted