1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Wayman Tisdale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 27, 2008.

1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Glad others noticed this. Is Woodling senile, or what is the deal here? Usually, when somebody really screws up, I try to put myself in that person's place, try to think "OK, how did he/she come to do this?" This time, I'm stumped. Can't freaking imagine. Also can't freaking imagine any editor reading this and breezily writing the head and sending it along its merry way. Good God.
    Can anybody with Kansas ties shed any light here? WTF?

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Some of those Deadspin comments are piss-your-Zubaz hilarious

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

The guy needs a hug. Or something.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The Lawrence Journal-World beats to the Jayhawk drum 24-7, 365. Period. If the president of the United States committed suicide the same day KU won the national title, the president would be on Page 3 and the meeting would've lasted about 10 seconds.

My guess is that this column tried to rehash a crazy moment in KU history, kind of a "speaking of Wayman Tisdale" piece. I wasn't around in the mid 80s, but from what I've heard that Oklahoma-Kansas game was absolutely crazy, like one notch below the Ron Artest brawl at Detroit. With Billy Tubbs involved, that doesn't surprise me.

I read it and didn't see it as a column about Tisdale, despite the headline. I saw it as a column about that insane night that's brought back to the front of the memory bank due to the latest news about Tisdale.

If you look at it that way, it's not all that offensive.

5. topsheep

topsheep Member

Some classy AP photos of the funeral today.

Draft saved Draft deleted