1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Vince Bagli

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Oct 7, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Legendary WBAL-TV 11 sportscaster Vince Bagli dead at 93

The passing of a great guy who was so identified with Baltimore Sports. One of those great local legends. We’ll never see his kind again and we are all poorer for it.

Vombatus and maumann like this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I never had the chance to meet Bagli, but RIP, good sir. One of so many "voices of the sport" so readily identifiable with a particular region or area of the country. Plus, I loved him trying to ad-lib PBP through the Villanova-Georgetown basketball highlights in that clip.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So great. Every city should have a Vince Bagli. Chuck and Vince made otherwise difficult Colts games worth listening to. I would record some of the bigger games on the radio and listen to the dramatic calls off the good stuff over and over. The Baltimore Colts helped make the NFL relevant in American sports. Vince was there to chronicle it and make it fun.

maumann and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted