1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Verizon two-year plans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 8, 2015.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Verizon is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. And I've battled Comcast and the power companies plenty.

I wouldn't go back to those fuckers at half the price.

SFIND likes this.
  3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I wonder if iPhones are not introducing new phones every two years.

The big draw was getting a new phone every two years. I wonder if iPhones are now meant to last longer?

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

New iPhones come out every year, and iPhone is not the name of a phone manufacturer.

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

My wife is a manager at a T-Mobile call center, and the uproar over "buy a phone at full price" when they started that a few years ago was insane because people didn't realize that the providers subsidized the price of the phone. They really thought an iPhone cost $200. My mother couldn't grasp the concept no matter how many times we explained it. Now T-Mobile is going away from paying full price for a phone and trying to get you to lease a phone for a monthly fee, but you can trade in without worrying about having negative equity between a payoff amount and trade-in value. I'll go that route, because it's not like these phones are made to last for more than a few years.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

iPhones can last quite a while. Apple doesn't want you to figure that out, lest you think you don't need the latest bells and whistles.

BTExpress likes this.
  7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We use our two 4s phones as basically iPods for our kid to use, and they are just about 4 years old. I would not want it as my everyday phone because the software has gotten better than its hardware, so its basically clunky as anything.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I still use a 4S and will until November when I'm eligible through Sprint for an upgrade. Then I'll grab whatever iPhone they have available for free. Whether that's the 5S or the 6S I don't give a shit. Basically, Verizon wants to get you addicted to the payment the way car leases do.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I dropped Verizon for Consumer Cellular (yes, I'm old).

Verizon asked why, and what they could do to get me back, and I politely explained, "Offer me a $35 monthly plan that has the talk and data I want." They can't (won't) do it.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I switched to AT&T a while back and they switched me to one of these types of plans about six months ago. After I pay off the phone, my monthly bill is going to be significantly lower than it has ever been.

Draft saved Draft deleted