1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Van Rose

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by John Medeiros, Dec 30, 2011.

1. John Medeiros

John Medeiros Member

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Veteran-Times-Leader-reporter-Van-Rose-dead-at-68.html

Retired from the newspaper and that same day turned in a budget for coverage for the next two weeks.

2. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Van was a character's character ... a guy who made the International League circuit a whole lot of fun to cover ... he was both curmudgeonly and courtly, if that was possible ... he'd have been happier if papers were still printed by letterpress, and he and laptops were mortal enemies ... but boy could he work a clubhouse ... his passing makes me sad, but I'm smilin' with each memory of Van that bubbles up ... a native Kentuckian and UK to the core, he was a little grumpy (gross understatement) when Pitino ended up at Louisville ... you could say he lived alone, but he had this cat ... a beer drinking cat ... he did have a talent for teaching, whether he knew it or not ... Van, I'm gonna miss you ...

3. SudburyPatch

SudburyPatch Guest

I worked with Van for two years when I designed the sports section for the Times Leader ... such a dedicated reporter and class act. RIP Van ... you are already missed.

Draft saved Draft deleted