1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Uga VII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HackyMcHack, Nov 19, 2009.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It's one of those thing where, if you've never been to Athens, you just wouldn't understand.

The crypt for all the Uga's is right there on the field, too, behind the end zone to the right as you're looking at it on TV.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Was Michael Vick involved in any way?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bulldogs almost never live very long. It's the only thing that's prevented me from getting one.

A lot of bulldog breeders sell insurance where if the dog dies within the first year you can get another. Apparently something like 10-15 percent die the first year. I think it's pretty rare for one to live more than seven years.

4. ringer

ringer Active Member

Does anyone know if Yale buries all the dead Handsome Dans on its field?

Now I'm slightly fascinated by this.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I read an article about the whole beauty pagaent-like process they go through to chose the dog in the first place. Its such a huge deal and me, not being from the South, just don't understand.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't want to understand. It's collegiate athletics taken way beyond the forbidden zone of perspective.

7. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I'm pretty certain Uga VII died of a broken heart after having to watch Willie Martinez's awful defenses.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

You and the guy who wrote Midnight In The Garden of Good & Evil, who treated the whole Uga thing like it was something 99.999999 percent of Americans had never heard of or would understand.

(For the record, I think the mascot thing is funny, too.)

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Gonna miss UGA VII. UGA VIII will have some big prints to fill. RIP.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

And judging by this thread, Berendt was right. 8)

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I have a recurring dream where I eat 18 Krystals, six Waffle House hash browns, a dozen Krispy Kremes washed down with a twelver of Natty Light. I then drop trou and blow mud all over UGA's dawg house. In the dream, I do this all in slow motion, and my efforts earn me a spot on the Olympic Shitting team. I then die a happy man.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, am told by my boss -- an UGa grad -- that Uga VII had a heart attack while, how shall we put this, planting a seed in a young bitch for stud..
    Not gonna see that in an AP story

Draft saved Draft deleted