1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Uga VI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John, Jun 28, 2008.

1. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

There will be a guestbook at a funeral for people to sign.... For a dog.

I'll never understand SEC athletics.

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

I agree that the guestbook is ridiculous.

However, SEC animal traditions have their hands full in the ridiculous department when compared to Texas A&M. It's just disgusting.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's pretty much equivilant to Jim Bob from Bainbridge suggesting that the CBC replace the Hockey Night in Canada theme with Don Cherry making armpit noises.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not entirely true... if it were Elliotte making armpit noises, ijag and flash would find a way to watch every night

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hope he's chasing parked cars with Heath Ledger.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I was at the Tennessee game in 1991 vs. UCLA when Smokey VI succumbed to heat exhaustion. The EMTs were over working on him. One of the UCLA players went down or something and Donahue was whining because they were trying to save Smokey.

Seriously, dude, we don't care if your player has a busted knee. Our dog is dying.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Loran Smith memorializes Uga VI, whose full name was, of course, Uga V's Whatchagot Loran. If there can be a quintessential Loran Smith column, this is it.

http://onlineathens.com/stories/062808/news_smith.shtml

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Got to play with Uga VI a few times. That thing was as thick as a fucking brick, but was sweet as any dog I've been around. Definitely my favorite of the Ugas. Uga VII will have a lot to live up to, but will have a great start with the 2008 team.

RIP Uga. Make sure to chase around some Techies up there for me.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The pic of him going after the Auburn player may be one of my favorite sports pics ever...

RIP

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

That was actually a different Uga ... Uga V if I'm not mistaken. He lunged at Auburn's Robert Baker in Georgia's 56-49, four-overtime win in 1996. I'm pretty sure Uga VI was too fat to do any lunging, unless it was at someone's donut.

It certainly is a picture that is timeless in SEC football.

Draft saved Draft deleted