1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, U2's summer tour

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 25, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b182750_bonos_prognosis_excellent_cant_say_same.html#ixzz0ox8glFMD

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Probably just an excuse to bail on the tour due to weak ticket sales.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The second leg of the highest grossing tour in history? I think they're doing just fine.

Probably a little more tied to the fact that Bono just got out of the hospital after having emergency back surgery.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Dammit! I just finished a huge freelance peice on summer concerts. The focus was the U2 tour stop. FUCK!

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Mustang, did you already turn it in and has it run already? If it did, no one can foresee what happened.

Now if it hasn't run yet, then ya... a different angle would be good. :)

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Blackeyed Peas were opening. I can't imagine that tour was having any trouble selling tickets.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

My cousin and I were just discussing Sunday whether we wanted to spend about $165 per ticket at the Meadowlands Stadium in July.

8. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Sounds like Bono is stuck in a moment he can't get out of.

(Sorry, it was too easy - and, yes, I'm a U2 fan.)

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Blue font?

10. Mizzougrad96

Not at all. U2 is known for usually having really good opening acts. I saw Public Enemy and the Sugarcubes open for them once. I've also seen Kings of Leon, Garbage, Smashmouth and PJ Harvey open for them.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I saw the Blackeyed Peas open for U2 in Glendale. Not my thing, but the crowd loved 'em. It was clearly a big draw.

12. Mizzougrad96

On a road trip about a month or two ago, we were listening to one of the popular music channels on Sirius and we would count to see how many songs would be played in between Black-Eyed Peas songs and I don't think we ever got to more than 8 or 9.

Draft saved Draft deleted