1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP: "Tony Dungy Can't Win the Big One"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Feb 4, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

a) It's a football game, not life and death. The gods don't care -- and the rest of us don't, either.
    b) Too many born-again Ray Lewises out there thanking their religious deities to offset the sincere Tony Dungys. It can get a little irritating.

But then, I'm biased.

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Well said.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

No, the gods don't care about a football game. But isn't it possible that they care about how people go about things, whether they're football coaches or janitors or lowly journalists? I don't get any sense of Dungy ever thanking God for winning football games. My sense is that he's thankful for the strength to handle -- with dignity -- whatever comes hims way.

4. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

Remember posts like this, back two weeks ago as we all watched the conference finals games?

BYH
    Re: Running 2006-07 NFL Conference Championship thread
    « Reply #605 on: January 21, 2007, 09:48:34 PM »
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And that, my friends, is why Tony Dungy WILL NEVER WIN THE SUPER BOWL.
    I've seen this movie. I know how it ends.

And Indians Network joined several other posters in counting Dungy and the Colts out.
    I guess you "never say never".

Congrats mainly to Dungy and to Peyton. Great season for both of you.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

No, I'm sure plenty of dead people from the weekend tornadoes went about life the right way (THAT's the money phrase).

Where was God for them?

Oh, that's right... He has invited those souls into his loving embrace.... They're in a better place.... The Lord works in mysterious ways....

whatever.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I never said that! Someone else was FRADULENTLY posting as me!!!

(Geez, I had no idea IndiansNetwork was on the anti-Dungy bandwagon. I would have driven that fucker into a ditch had I known)

Draft saved Draft deleted