1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Tom Price

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by occasionally, Feb 2, 2008.

1. occasionally

occasionally Member

Excuse me if I've D_B'ed on this one, but I don't see it anywhere. T.P. was the longtime SID at South Carolina and a legend in the sports information field.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/story/304490.html

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yes, I met Tom in 1994 when he came with the Gamecocks to Starvkille.
    A good man and he knew the SID biz from front to back.
    He was a dear friend of current and longtime MSU men's basketball SID David Rosinski and I'm sure current MSU football SID Mike Nemeth knew him well from when Mike helped engineer George Rogers' Heisman campaign.
    RIP Mr. Price and condolences to family

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Good guy as far as I could tell. Helluva lot of institutional memory lost. RIP.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't consider what I'm about to say speaking ill of the dead but others might.

One of the absolutely funniest jokes I've ever heard told by a speaker at a luncheon was when Tom told a story about someone giving oral sex to a duck. And then he coughed up some feathers.

You had to be there but it was funny as hell.

RIP Tom. I didn't know him well but our paths crossed a few times. One of the true giants in his profession and a man a lot of current SIDs could learn a lot from.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Shit. A good friend and I were joking about Price last week.
    Absolute good guy, and an absolute beast when it came to anything SoCar.

Draft saved Draft deleted