1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Tom Poston

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, May 1, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Wow. Didn't know this either. Nice

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

That is so cool that he would want to remember his fans.

I loved both Newhart shows, and Mork and Mindy. He added so much to both those shows.

RIP

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

"Zotz," a funny little movie starring Poston, is waaaaaaay overdue for a remake.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Henry,

Remember seeing Zotz as a kid at the theatre. Time stands still. Sorta a Twilight Zone with comedic timing. But no remarke, okay?

YHS, etc

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Beat me to it... farewell...

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

He was in an episode of Dream On as a popular kid-show clown (Mr. Bouncy) who got caught getting a certain sexual favour in an alley.

Great, great stuff. RIP.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Vaguely remember "Zotz." but do recall that he did game shows in the 60s........Funny guy. RIP.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Although he was clearly slumming in the role, he was excellent as the amoral father to the Dave Thomas pharmacist character in Grace Under Fire. Poston and William Schallert are perhaps the two most venerable character actors in TV history. R.I.P.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

RIP to Mr. Poston and well-wishes too for Pleshette. She had health issues

A recommendation: read the Bob Newhart chapter in the book "Who's Your Caddy?" for a funny line featuring Poston and Pleshette.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

There's a chain of gourmet supermarkets out here in L.A. called Bristol Farms. There's one in Beverly Hills.

Anyway, I saw Tom and Suzanne in the bread aisle a few years back. I've never seen a couple happier and laughing more in front of the pumpernickel than those two. Kinda sweet, even in my salty POV.

My next trip to that store, who did I stand in line behind? Rich Eisen. Sans hot wife.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Newhart was one of the most underrated sitcoms ever and had the best series finale ever by a mile...

RIP...

Draft saved Draft deleted