1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP TJ's blue potato chips

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tucsondriver, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

They're gone and they're not coming back. That's according to a manager at my local Trader Joe's. Bigger problems in the world? Probably. They were a Trader Joe's house brand believed to be made by a company called Terra that costs like 3x as much at health food stores. They're not that good. But way better than your average chip.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have a bag here. I guess I should save it and put it on eBay down the road.
    Going to TJ's today, might have to scarf up a few more bags. I could get rich!

3. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

Might be regional then. The store manager told me they're no longer available on the West Coast, which is the only way he can look up availability. Damn I'm jealous though.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Woot?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I saw blue tortilla chips but no blue potato chips today. Meant to ask the manager but forget. This after he spent time showing me how to make a kickass loaf of apple spice bread.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm still reeling from the demise of their peanut butter malt balls.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The biggest loss has been the Conte di Bregonzo Amarone. It was there for about 18 months, then gone for a year. Back for a month and then gone again.

8. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

Never heard of it and don't know what it is. But I'll ask for it next time at TJ's if you ask them to bring back my blue potato chips. Deal?

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Deal. They also have not had the freeze dried strawberries for over a month -- which has thrown my daughter's breakfast cereal consumption into a tizzy.

10. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

Not a conspiracy theorist by nature, but there seems to be a pattern with TJ's getting customers hooked on this amazing stuff and then cutting us off. Perhaps TJ's has covert ties to big tobacco?

Draft saved Draft deleted