1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Tim Russert...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Backyardigan, Jun 13, 2008.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

MTP has always been the biggest shoes to fill on Sunday morning.

I'm hurting here in Iowa for my fellow neighbors, but I have to add his family in my prayers this afternoon. Like him or hate him, Russert was the face of the political media.

It's going to be hard as hell on Sunday morning to get the skinny. On a day that he cherishes with Big Russ and Luke.

Devastating on top of a tough week for me.

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

NY Times is now saying it was a coronary embollism, not a heart attack.

You don't survive when that happens.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's always sad when someone dies, but this is one where you read it and you feel like you were just punched in the gut.

Fuck...

This sucks...

4. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

I feel so horrible about this. Watching MSNBC's coverage, he sounds like the kind of person I thought he would be.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Devastated for Russert's family.

Saddened for TV journalism.

Meet The Press, with your host, Chris Matthews.

I can't bear the thought.

6. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Unless they already have a blockbuster guest booked for the weekend, I hope Meet The Press drops everything and just does a Tim tribute instead. His family and friends could use that right now.

RIP.

7. My favorite Russert moment was the Bush-Gore election night. I remember him with, was it Bob Costas?, with his sleeves rolled up, his hair messed up, standing at the red state/blue state map, exhaustively explaining all the scenarios and possibilities revolving around Florida and Ohio. By then, all of his comments were completely off the cuff and hilarious.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about something he said that may have cost him his career... not because he'd be one to say that, just because the thought of him actually dying was furthest from my mind...

RIP :(

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

In case you missed it, like I did.

RIP.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Holy freakin' shit.

This is just devastating.

RIP.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Nah. Probably Andrea Mitchell or David Gregory, I would think ...

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Holy mother of God.

Stunned. Just stunned. Met him a few times, hoisted a beer or two ... and he was never "Tim Russert - media superstar," he was just Tim from South Buffalo, always wanting to talk about our beloved Bills.

Maureen, Luke, Big Russ, thoughts and prayers heading your way.

Draft saved Draft deleted