1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP the Tony Kornheiser Show?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 2, 2016.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

It will be free, though I'm sure there will be some ads just like there are on most successful podcasts.

I know I'd certainly be willing to pay a few bucks every month for it. I do that for a couple of podcasts already that ask for donations (The Dollop, Dana Gould Hour) or are subscriber based (Never Not Funny).

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'd pay for the show. It's by far my favorite podcast and I can't wait for the return next week. When we took a family trip to DC over the summer, my wife refused to let me go to The Palm to leave a letter even though we were only staying a couple of blocks away.

I wonder if he will have the same ads (Harry's, Stamps.com, etc.) as most other podcasts or if they will be able to do something more niche reflecting the demographics of his audience.

It sounds like the band is back together, but who knows if someone will drop out. I'm ok with it just being Gary and Jeanne as near permanent co-hosts.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's free. I'm a subscriber. It's a podcast.

As far as people dropping out, I could do without Torie Clarke. I like Cilizza, but not 4 times a week.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I didn't realize it was open to subscriptions already. Subscribed.

5. Webster

Cilizza is good in small doses but is too eager.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

It's the No. 1 podcast on iTunes. Now I have no clue how those things are measured, but it's nice to see.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Some podcasts are charging for subscriptions. I heard somewhere that Artie Lang's podcast is something like $7 a month and it's doing OK. Maybe everyone just wants to be subscribing when he ODs (probably on air).

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Adam Carolla has also gone a paid model for some of his secondary podcasts. The main show is still free, although there are about 4 minutes of ads at the beginning of each episode.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

I subscribed for a while. I greatly enjoy Artie, but his sidekicks were far too annoying for me to stay with it.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Reginald is going to have a hard time picking the Vikings every week with Bridgewater out

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Just wait until Bud Grant dies.

Huggy and Webster like this.
  12. Webster

I visited him at the National Zoo. He took out his iPad and showed me a photo of Teddy's MRI.

Huggy and Steak Snabler like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted