1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP The Sports Reporters

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 23, 2017.

1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

when they did a TV movie of Tuesdays with Morrie with Hank Azaria as Mitch Albom, my great regret was that they didn't include a 30-second scene from the set of the Sports Reporters with Chris Farley (RIP) as Bill Conlin and whoever else would have filled out the parody casting the best.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a clip once again of Dick Schaap. Bobby Knight had just taken apart his son in the memorable interview following his firing. Bobby and Dick were friends, but Dick didn't care. He took Bobby out back in his parting shot and did a Foghorn Leghorn on Bobby's rear end. lol

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not lately. Sheesh.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Deitsch? How has he changed? He's like the ring master for sports media circle jerks.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thought you meant Saunders. Carry on.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Oh, no, I always liked Saunders.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Is that kid saying he needs braces? 'Cause, you know, he's gonna need them.

8. GRUDGE

GRUDGE Member

Mandatory viewing when Lupica wasn't on. As soon as it came on I watched to see if I had to turn the station because he was on, or if I could watch.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I never watched much. Everyone seemed to be taking it too seriously. But I never watched again after Lupica, upon the death of Secretariat, deliver a tribute to the animal.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I can remember when ESPN thought it was a good idea to stick Lupica in a booth once a week for 'color', the first few years the network had the baseball package.
    Talk about a worthless, unfunny bag of garbage who brought nothing to the table.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

jr/shotglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted