1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP - The Love Boat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jun 4, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Anyone ever watch the Love Boat series revival? I think it was on UPN or something. I watched about 10 minutes of one episode -- it featured Joan Severance as the cruise director. And that reminded me that Joan Severance, who I always thought had at least a bit of a profile as an actress, was at some point reduced to doing late-night Cinemax movies.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Saw about two minutes of it once and it marginally better - although that ain't sayin' much - than the WKRP revival.

3. That show was all about the guest stars -- the audience it attracted would have been similar to the demographic for Murder She Wrote. My girlfriend's parents scheduled their Saturdays around being home to watch it.
    So for them, seeing some faded star from a 50s or 60s sitcom would be like seeing Kevin Arnold in 20 years -- "Oh, that;s what the guy is doing."

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a push. The WKRP revival was better, but had bigger shoes to fill.
    Amazing what you find on the web. In a LB-Next Wave ep featuring the old cast as guest stars, "Doc" and "Julie" became a couple. ick.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

fantasy island.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The Love Boat Theme's music was written by the guy who wrote the Wide World of Sports and original MNF intros, according to wiki.

Draft saved Draft deleted