1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP: The ex-Mrs. AlleyAllen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jan 26, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm sorry to hear it, AA. Best of luck, sir.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Rare and wonderful to hear anyone speak so lovingly about an ex...she must have been a very special lady. You're lucky to have such sweet memories...thanks for sharing them here.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm glad you went to the game. Honoring those we love doesn't have to follow a pre-scripted plan. My condolences as well.

Not being a parent myself, I'm wondering how you explained the situation to Little Man? Did he know Ruthie, and does he understand she's gone?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

He never met her, one of the few regrets I have in life. But god, I made damn sure he knew who she was, even before her untimely passing. He definitely understands death, even at age 5, because he recently lost a great-grandmother. Mostly, though, he sees the tears in my eyes and that's enough for him.

Again, thank you, everyone. I truly do appreciate each and every one of you taking the time to send your condolences.

Draft saved Draft deleted