1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP: The ex-Mrs. AlleyAllen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Best wishes as you cope with this.
    It's good that you both could remain friends til the end.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Sorry for you loss.
    The commitment to stay close in separation is a remarkable window into someone.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

so sorry for your loss. sounds like a great lady. :'( :'( :'(

RIP.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Damn Alley, I hope you're hanging in there. That's awful news. All the best and my condolences for your loss.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Alley, my condolences to you, Little Man and Ruthie's family. Sounds like she was a great woman.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

My most heart felt sympathies to you and her family.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Alley,

I'm so sorry for you loss.

That is horrible news.

She was abviously a wonderful woman.

RIP

8. rallen13

rallen13 Member

I was stunned when AA told me the news. I could hear the absolute agony in his voice. But that is AA for you. He loves to the end.
    I also am grwatly saddened by her loss. Although we never got to visit much personally, since they live in Connecticut most of the time they were married, I shall never forget her absolute love of the New Jersey Devils and her total hatred of the New York Rangers (the team I live and die for), and the fun we had during the Rangers Stanley Cup run in 1994.
    During the final game we would call each other after each goal. I would yell "He Shoots! He Scores!", and she would simply chant "1940, 1940" (the last time NY had drunk from the Cup).
    When the final buzzer sounded I called and she didn't even say "Hello." She simply said "F*** You, Bob!" And then she hung up. In less than 15 seconds she had called back to congratulate me and the Blueshirts. And it was genuine. She meant every word of accolade.
    And I remember the Sunday we went to church with her. She sang in the choir at St. James, the home church of America's original Episcopal diocese. I will never forget the sound of her incredibly beautiful voice filling that hallowed old building.
    She was as beautiful a person as her voice. She was good to everyone.
    God Speed, Ruthie. And choirs of angels sing thee to thy rest.

She was a teriffic lady. All who ever met

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Can't say much more than that.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

What a sweet obit, Alley. Peace to you and yours.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss. That you didn't hold bitterness says a lot of good about both of you.

12. FightScribe

FightScribe Member

Sounds like Ruthie, you and your family were blessed to have been in each other's lives. I'm sorry for your loss, but I congratulate you on being able to enjoy a relationship like you and she had. It's very rare and I know you'll cherish it forever.

May she RIP and may you always remember the great times you shared.

Draft saved Draft deleted