1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP the career of John Galliano

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Mar 1, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...at least he can go hang out with Charlie Estevez Sheen, I suppose...

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110301/portman-galliano-sever-ties-110301/20110301?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

How an anti-Semite could make it so far in the fashion world is pretty amazing, IMO.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Here's a reporting stance about Portman and the Oscars that I think ventures into the idiotic.

http://movies.msn.com/academy-awards/oscar-censored-moment/?gt1=28168

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I never heard of John Galliano before, but his alleged statements are so provocative and idiotic that I would assume that he was really toasted out of his skull, rather than a raging anti-Semite.

Still ....

4. . . . if a tree falls in the forest, and no one knows nor cares who in the hell John Galliano is, did it really fall?

5. TigerVols

Umm, John Galliano is arguably one of the 5 most famous names in fashion this decade...which, by definition, makes him anonymous in Pittsburgh, I'm sure.

6. Umm, Yes, I have seen his picture and his choice of clothing and fashion. I am sure we are less of a society for losing his insight. But Tennessee weeps, I guess. But thanks for taking cheap shots, Always appreciated.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For the record, I hadn't heard of him, either. Then again, I couldn't give a shit about high fashion

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, the popped collar is about as high-falutin' as you get.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Leave Tennessee out of it. I've never heard of him, nor do I give a hoot if he is or is not anti-anything!

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

John Galliano has neither been in my kitchen or on Project Runway, as best I recall, and that show is where I get all my fashion knowledge, such as it is, from.

11. TigerVols

Humor/fail on my part. Didn't mean to offend.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, you were way off the mark, TV.

When I think cutting-edge fashion, I think Pittsburgh.

Draft saved Draft deleted