1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Texas Stadium

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

[/quote]

They should give that honor to Favre, since he couldn't win there to save his life :D (ducks!)

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Only been there once, for a tour in March 2007 ... threw the ball for 20 minutes with my wife and daughter.

Loved the ambience.

3. Been to Texas Stadium many times for a few Cowboys games (I'm a huge 'Boys fan) and many high school football games there. It was an OK venue but its time has passed.

My favorite Texas Stadium memory is actually attending a Billy Joel/Elton John concert with my girlfriend at the time. She wanted to go, and I obliged her after she rescued me one late night when my car flooded out.

I wasn't that excited about going, but it ended up being one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

That being said, the new palace in Arlington looks very impressive. Maybe someday I'll afford to go to a game there.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Good riddance. America's team my ass. And the hole being there so God could see his favorite team? Pshaw!

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

ok, what event drew the largest crowd ever to texas stadium?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It has to be a concert...

Willie Nelson?

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

8. 93Devil

Billy Graham?

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

A World Class Championship Wrestling super card, I do believe.

10. 93Devil

Fucking A

Freebirds or Von Erichs?

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I believe both were on the card. The main event was, if memory serves, Kerry Von Erich besting Flair for the World Title.

12. 93Devil

Sounds like a hell of a card.

Draft saved Draft deleted