1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Terry Glenn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 20, 2017.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Will always be remembered for Parcells referring to him as "she" during his rookie year, implying he was soft. That would never fly nowadays.

RIP to a helluva good college and NFL player.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

... caught Tom Brady‘s first NFL touchdown pass in 2001 ...

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

His game against Pitt in 1995 always flashes in my mind when I think of Terry Glenn. Had something crazy like 250 yards on fewer than 10 catches.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Plenty of stuff coaches said would be problematic today. Hell, I'm sure many of them are still saying that crap behind closed doors.

I caught a few minutes of The Replacements last week. If I remember correctly, there were multiple references to the need for toughness being the reason they don't let girls play football.

Sorry to feed the tangent. Very sad news regarding Glenn.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Somebody should punch John Cooper today for failing to win a championship with that crew. In 1995 they had Bobby Hoying, Eddie George, Terry Glenn, Orlando Pace, Mike Vrabel, Greg Bellisari, Shawn Springs, Antoine Winfield ... and couldn't beat an 8-3 Michigan team.

wicked and Donny in his element like this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

And his 1998 team might've been even better.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I saw the 1994 Ohio State team in the Citrus Bowl against Alabama. They had that crew, plus Joey Galloway and Korey Stringer.

Still not sure how Alabama beat them.

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

So did I. That was the height of my Ohio State fandom due to being born in Columbus and familial ties to the school, despite long before moving to Florida and eventually staying in state for college (and changing allegiances over time in the process).

I went with my grandpa, and other than the loss I recall how much pride he had for TBDBITL and the utter distain he had for the Million Dollar Band and their stupid capes.

In the lead up, we went to the coaches luncheon and got to hear Gene Stallings and John Cooper on the dais (and collected their autographs).

It was the second time I'd received John Cooper's signature with my grandpa, who passed in 2007 and got to see the 2002 championship, but had already soured on Tressel...

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Covered Glenn as a Pat of course, but also in 1995 when Ohio St. played BC in a kickoff classic type game at the Meadowlands. Ohio St. won like 47-8 or thereabouts. Did a sidebar on Glenn, because as well as catching a TD pass, he got the first NCAA taunting penalty, which he totally didn't deserve for springing to his feet in a somersault motion after stretching out for a great catch. Very sorry to hear of his death.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Where did this happen? Link does not say. Terrible reporting.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Newer stories say he swerved and hit a concrete barrier on 114 in Irving.

Draft saved Draft deleted