1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ted Kennedy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by azom, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azom

azom Member

Posted breaking on cnn.com.

RIP.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Just heard this in the office. Sad.

Can't say I agreed with everything he did, nor do I think he was a tremendous person, but he did do a lot for the people he represented.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

RIP. The last Kennedy boy is gone.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Holy shit.

Sad stuff.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Rest In Peace, Liberal Lion.

I'll bet there's one helluva game of touch football going on upstairs right now.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

my deepest sympathies. strictly from a political standpoint i often felt he had much going for him -- even more than his brothers.

but nationally, he could never get over chappaquiddick. but he surely got much done as a voice in the senate.

and what a great speaker. right up there with barack as an orator.

i'll always remember a very influential h.s. history teacher of mine once opining on his hope that teddy would run for president during nixon's final days: "i just think his heart is in the right place." 8) 8) 8)

he always struck me that way, too. :'( :'( :'(

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

"My brother need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life; to be remembered simply as a good and decent man, who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw suffering and tried to heal it, saw war and tried to stop it.

Those of us who loved him and who take him to his rest today, pray that what he was to us and what he wished for others will some day come to pass for all the world.

As he said many times, in many parts of this nation, to those he touched and who sought to touch him:

"Some men see things as they are and say why.
    I dream things that never were and say why not.""

June 8, 1968

8. Simon_Cowbell

Don't think Barack could hold his jock in that realm.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

well hell... RIP to one of the old guard of either party who cared about fighting the good fight

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Figured this was coming sooner rather than later when the moved up the pub date on his memoirs.
    Truly a great loss for the nation, but at least we got a chance to see what a Kennedy could do in DC instead of wondering what might have been. A sad day for the nation, I am glad he was able to hang on as long as he did. RIP Ted.

11. Simon_Cowbell

This may be exactly what the health care reform measure needed.

Limbaugh now will get his snide words turned around on him, hopefully.

12. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

One of the great senators of our time. It's a tragedy he hasn't been around to be a part of the current health care debate, with it being an issue he cared so much about. Dammit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.