1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP tailgating at Duke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 11, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wow, there goes the run on grilled quail.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I guess the students will have to start getting strippers with the LAX team now.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Fitting, as their season ended seven or eight weeks ago.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That does seem like a pretty stupid response.

And although Duke football is generally horrible, its win over Navy might be one of the ACC's top 2 or 3 OOC victories this year.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Micro, I'll have you know that UVa beat Richmond, which won a national championship two years ago. A I-AA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So, one stupid decision by a student allowed his younger brother to get loaded and passed out in a port-a-john. As a result, Duke outlaws student tailgating.

Is this a joke? The Iron Dukes tailgate. Other adults throughout campus tailgate near Cameron and in various parking lots and such near the stadium. If a student is tailgating with adults, is the school going to ban the student in full view of clearly older adults, many of whom are responsible?

And how do they differentiate this from the goings-on at Krzyzewskiville during basketball season, especially leading up to games against, say, Maryland, NCSU or the bunch in Baby Blue?

Upon reading the link below, it sounds as if the school is separating football from other sports in terms of tailgating. But fair warning: it's just a wee bit condescending:

http://dukechronicle.com/article/tradition-fumbled

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Not only that, Virginia beat Eastern Michigan, which is geographically close to the all-time winningest program in college football.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Of course Duke will be banning beer at K-ville before hoops.

Right?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds like there's a dumbass 14-year-old and his older brother that needs their ass kicked.
    Personally, I think if you pass out in a port-a-john that's punishment enough. Besides, how can they be sure some 300-pound Dukie didn't just make a little Dukie 10 minutes before and the kid was overwhelmed by the aroma?

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

and UNC held off William&Mary who could contend for the title this year.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I see what you did there.

12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

The color is Carolina Blue, not baby blue [/tarheelfanboi]

This is the bullshit, knee jerk reaction that is weakening this country.

I read somewhere today that statistics apply to a population, not a person. Kind of like the exception that proves the rule. This stuff happens. Banning it isn't going to make it go away.

Draft saved Draft deleted