1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Tab

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Oct 16, 2020.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There'as a new soda brand around here called Push. Made in Succasunna, loaded with sugar. The orange is caffeine-free, which is not standard across brands. Sunkist yes, Fanta no.

download.jpeg

2. goalmouth

Cyclamates and carbonation, for that authentic Seventies feel.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Best diet soda on the market.
    [​IMG]

TrooperBari likes this.
  4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I remember when I switched from Royal Crown to Crown Royal. Epic decision.

We tried to find RC Cola as a kid because it came in 16 oz. bottles. Coke and Pepsi were normally 12 oz. Coke even had the Coke Machine size, 7 oz.

Honda Center in Anaheim switched to RC products a couple of years ago from Pepsi. I didn't even know they still made RC products. There is even Diet RC. They didn't have that when I was a kid, it was Diet Rite Cola. At the beginning of last hockey season, a bottle of RC was the same price as a bottle of water. Water tasted better.

misterbc and Liut like this.
  5. goalmouth

Careful, this could easily spin out of control into a TV dinners, Twinkies, Devil Dogs, Kaboom cereal thread.

Liut, maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Are you my pal, @goalmouth? Mmmm? Mmmm?

7. goalmouth

Well, I do have a certain...zest for living...

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We drank a ridiculous amount of diet cola growing up. Diet Coke, Tab, Pepsi Light. From like 12 until I was maybe 26, I probably had at least a two liter bottle a day. Cut that down and then about 8-10 years ago, we just stopped drinking it.

Liut likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

How anyone can drink Vernors is beyond me. I’ll excuse myself before the Michiganders come looking for me.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  10. goalmouth

No one's mentioned Moxie, Maine's finest kind.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

A Vernors float, or Boston Cooler as it's referred to by locals. Or even better, hot Vernors when you're sick. The current stuff is a pale imitation of the original, which used to burn your tongue and throat a little going down.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

For the North Carolinians, a nice Sun Drop or Cheerwine will do on a hot day Down East.

Draft saved Draft deleted