1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Suzanne Pleshette

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cape_Fear, Jan 20, 2008.

1. You are a man of true courage.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

She also mentioned casually at some point something like "Hey, some guys like backing into door knobs...." It took a young mind a while to figure out what she meant.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

One of the greatest show finales ever was the closing to "Newhart." Not "The Bob Newhart Show," but "Newhart."

It's when Bob wakes up to find he's in bed next to Emily, and it turns out that "Newhart" was all a dream.

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Yes....Bill Daily is still alive. He's 72 or 73...somewhere in there.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

RIP. Loved Pleshette. I could listen to that voice forever and never get tired of it.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

She had the great gravelly smoky voice. May she RIP.

Where's today's Gent mag?

[​IMG]

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

rico, I couldn't find the original, but this is the disco version of "Home to Emily" to make you feel good:

Fast forward to about the 1:35 mark.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I remember her being on Carson and saying she was going to have a party with the theme: "Come as your favorite disease." And she was going to be a chancre.

9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

after watching almost every episode of the series, i somehow missed the finale and never have been able to see it up til now. thanks.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"You really should wear more sweaters." I'll say that to my wife occasionally, and since she doesn't get the reference she'll have about the same expression Pleshette had.

Draft saved Draft deleted