1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Suzanne Pleshette

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cape_Fear, Jan 20, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, TV really hasn't come to accept a milf having a younger guy as a companion. Anyhoo, for spnited's generation, Suzanne was a sex symbol. I remember seeing her on Carson and her talking about giving someone some "charity wocka-wocka." Nowadays, I can't help but visualize her dolled up as Fozzie Bear.

RIP to a great comedic actress

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no, but she still was very good.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

She was in a great episode of Columbo with Eddie Albert as the killer.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Been watching the NE/SD game and I flipped over to NBC News and saw the story.

Damn, this sucks. Really sucks. The irony is that the theme song to the Bob Newhart Show was entitled "Home to Emily." Now, Emily heads home to the condo up in the sky with Tom. :'(

As far as I know to answer the question on Bill Daily, he's still around, as well as Peter Bonerz.

There has to be a Peter Scolari sighting somewhere.

5. dooley_womack1

Peter Bonerz has become a renowned TV director.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

According to IMDB, Daily is still alive. Born in 1927.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

oh crap, i remember that. she was very good, very good.

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

i'd a hit that.

9. dooley_womack1

Pleshette, or Daily?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the golfer.

11. I had forgotten that the them to TBNS was titled "Home to Emily." Lorenzo Music and his wife wrote the song, which is part of the soundtrack to my life. Of course, Lorenzo's been gone several years. I'm not ashamed to admit I watched a lot of "Rhoda" on Nick-at-Nite in the 1990s and got to know Lorenzo as Carlton the never-seen doorman.

Several years ago while in Chicago, I found a lot of the landmark buildings from TBNS (Bob and Emily's apartment building ... Bob's office building). I guess there's a statue of Bob downtown somewhere now? Haven't seen it, but we'll be up there in August. I've always wanted to visit the inn which is in I think Middlebury, Vermont that they used for the outside shots of Newhart.

Peter Scolari was in back in Canada the last I heard.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Damn, I hadn't heard this yet. That sucks. RIP Suzanne.

And I'll unashamedly admit I liked her in Oh God, Book II.

Draft saved Draft deleted