1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Suzanne Pleshette

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cape_Fear, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Per MSNBC

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

damn... RIP Emily, indeed

3. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Oh, that's really sad. Such a sweet lady and wonderful comedienne.

RIP.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sam the Butcher...Suzanne Plechette...Looks like it's open season on 70s sitcom co-stars. Anybody got Isaac from Love Boat in their dead pool?

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

First Audrey Hepburn, now Suzanne Pleshette; I'm left with Sandra Bullock. Shoot.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Jesus, what is this... dead sitcom stars day?

Aw, Suzanne was gorgeous. And she had a hand in one of the funniest sitcom finales ever on Newhart.

RIP.

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

One of the more memorable voices.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Of course loved here on the Bob Newhart Show, but also in one of my favorite "guilty pleasure" movies, "Hot Stuff."

R.I.P.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

10. Damn, so many of my favorite 70s icons leaving us. As best I can tell, Newhart is still chugging along at nearly 80.

Suzanne was also in Hitchcock's "The Birds." She was so great in The Bob Newhart Show. And the finale of Newhart where Bob wakes up next to Suzanne is maybe the best sitcom finale ever. And of course late in life she was married to Tom Poston, who starred in both Newhart shows and died within the last year or two.

Mary Frann, who played Bob's wife in the 80's show, died several years ago of an undetected heart defect in her 50s. Let's hope Bob keeps ticking on into his 90s. His autobiography from a few years ago is a great, quick read.

RIP Suzanne.

11. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

She was offered the role of Catwoman on Batman before Julie Newmar, but turned it down. [Supposedly she wanted more $$$ than they were offering.] Although I don't think she would have been as good as Julie [and there's certainly no shame in that], I think she could have done well in the role with her seductive voice.

At least she went on to plenty of success afterward, so that decision certainly wasn't a career-ender. She will be missed.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I hope she didn't die being pissed at us for neglecting to mention her on the prime-time hottie thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted