1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Stu Nahan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Stu's part in Fast Times was hilarious, but he had an almost indispensable role in "Rocky."

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sad news. The timing is odd...I got my Rocky Balboa soundtrack CD in the mail from Amazon last night.

3. Ah and when he was Captain Stu in Sacramento he told the story of one day with the kids crowded around this young boy crawled up in his lap and wet his pants. He never did let Ken Forsch forget that, either, as the two of them grew into established sports personalities in thier own right.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I grew up watching Stu's sports reports.

Stu, Jim Hill, Fred Rogan, Scott St. James, all of them fantastic at what they do, and in Stu's case, did.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

L.A. has always had good sports people on the local news.

6. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

But what about Mark "Cutback" Davis?

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Stu at his best:

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This site is great. And if you scroll down near the bottom, there's the unedited version of Lasorda taking out Doug Rau during a World Series game in 1977 and Lasorda and Rau going at it. Hilarious stuff.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Damn... he and Bill Baldwin were fantastic in the Rocky movies. Now, they're partnered up again in heaven.

RIP

Draft saved Draft deleted