1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Steve McNair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Strong Bad, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Steve McNair murdered

Not necessarily. Not if they were divorced/separated and dating others.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

ESPN's live cut-in said the wife is in Mississippi and has been notified. Thus, not his wife.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd put Cunningham, Tarkenton and Steve Young ahead of him, and McNabb at about the same level. Racked by injuries, he ended up lifting the Titans with guts much more than skill. R.I.P.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think we can chalk the confusion up to the ole "rush to get it on the 'Net." I can see how it reads like they were found outside. But then the Nashville PIO said this ...

"When police officers arrived in response to that call, they found two individuals who had been shot to death inside the residence: one female, one male. We now know that the male deceased is Steve McNair. The female deceased has been tentatively identified. We're working to confirm that and then notify her next of kin," said Don Aaron with Metro Police on the situation.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Curious about this 20-year-old woman. It could have been a family member. He has a son who is going to be a senior in high school this year? Maybe it was one of his friends?

Could have been a niece too? Maybe.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Could have simply been someone he was dating, too.

Regardless, a tragic end for one of the guttiest NFL QBs of the past 10, 15 years.

7. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

2nd and Lea in Nashville is not an alley way, a look at Google Maps shows what appears to be upscale rental properties...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2nd+avenue+south+nashville,+tn&sll=37.579413,-95.712891&sspn=38.542121,79.013672&ie=UTF8&ll=36.155377,-86.770505&spn=0.002417,0.004823&t=h&z=18

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The shooting happened in a condominium, according to WaPo and FOX Sports.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

yes, my bad. yet still something freaky to this ol' fart about a 36-year-old man hooking up with a 20-year-old young woman. sorry, a separated or divorced dad of 4 should not be rebounding with a 20-year-old. little boy shockeys galpals and many of our friend's daughters and believe you me 36 and 20 just don't add up right.

oh, and my heartfelt "r.i.p.," to both victims. no one deserves that kind of horrific ending. :'( :'( :'(

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I see nothing wrong with a 36-year-old messing around with a 20-year-old. Both adults, no?

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

This is beyond fucked up upon seeing this on Twitter by one of my media buddies, who is a huge Titans fans.

When is the rash of shocking deaths end?

My god.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sadly, never.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.