1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pilot, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Ever go to a Pixar movie?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Irony, apparently, is not part of any sermon at Westboro.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I was going to post that.

4. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

If the newspaper industry had a Steve Jobs it would be in a lot better shape

“The cure for Apple is not cost-cutting. The cure for Apple is to innovate its way out of its current predicament.” - Jobs from 1996, when he took back over at Apple.

RiP

5. JSmith1224

JSmith1224 New Member

I agree! May you R.I.P. Steve Jobs.

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

His devices were good at streaming The Client.

RIP to a brilliant man.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I don't think they're horrible people. It's just that too many of them can't think for themselves.

Oh, XYZ's quarterly profits were only $1.35 billion instead of the $1.36 billion that some idiotic talking head projected. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

But to get back to the original subject matter, yes, RIP.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Interesting parallel, at least to me: My uncle passed away a couple of months ago, at age 57, of liver failure brought on by surgery for, yep, pancreatic cancer. Ironically, though it was the cancer that caused all the trouble, he actually was cancer-free when he died.

I wonder if the same was true for Jobs.

Lesson here: It doesn't matter how much money you have sometimes. Especially not with pancreatic cancer, which is quite possibly the most hideous gargoyle at the monsters' ball that is cancer.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

From The New York Times:

"After dropping out of Reed College, a stronghold of liberal thought in Portland, Ore., in 1972, Mr. Jobs led a countercultural lifestyle himself. He told a reporter that taking LSD was one of the two or three most important things he had done in his life. He said there were things about him that people who had not tried psychedelics — even people who knew him well, including his wife — could never understand."

Lesson? Do acid!! But, in all seriousness, I DEFINITELY see where he is coming from with the things people "could never understand."

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My guess is HOF well before the veterans committee.

RIP

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I forgot about Jobs' early involvement in Pixar.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You mean the studio they were going to shut down? Sometimes being lucky helps with being a genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted